Anita Cooney is both a designer and educator who was appointed design school dean of the Pratt Institute as last year, a role presiding design Communications Institute, fashion, industrial design, and interior design departments. During the previous nine years, Cooney served as president senior Interior Design Department Pratt, while working for more than 20 years in the architecture and design in New York City. His interests cover many disciplines making her a well rounded and refined designer. For this Friday Five, Cooney sharing what keeps her inspiration.

F5-Anita-Cooney-1-cos

1. COS
I do not think you can do better than COS for everyday uniform. There is a clothing line that complements the mood, aesthetic, and the wallet of the working designer.

F5-Anita-Cooney-2-brainpickings

2. brainpickings.org
There is no better way to start a week to read blog posts of Maria Popova on creativity, science, the meaning of life, and everything cultural. She is insatiably curious, deeply insightful, and embodies the essence of the interdisciplinary exploration that guarantees to offer new perspectives.

3. Assemble studio
I am a silent fan Assemble, art, architecture and design collective in London, so I was very excited when they won the prestigious Turner Prize in this year. They embody an interdisciplinary approach to the creative work that is grounded in their local community.

F5-Anita-Cooney-4-Sunglassses

4. A new perspective
Lately I wear a pair of sunglasses that were hand-me-down from my father. He had grown intolerant of glare and therefore these glasses suited him later in life. The side blinkers are changing the way I look at the world, literally my vision focusing on what is in front of me. A visit to the museum, gallery, or movie will also accomplish the same thing. A weekly outing like this is the bare minimum.

F5-Anita-Cooney-5-FieldNotes

5. A good laptop
I take notes and draw pictures to keep, listen, remember, understand and experience. I am never without a laptop. My latest favorites are field notes. Quite small and thin enough to fit in a pocket or bag.