photo gallery

With a signature style all its own, designer Madeline Weinrib forged a texturally rich way with his bold textiles, quality of the legacy of carpets, furniture and accessories over the years. His background painting beautifully influence globally inspired designs, perfectly reflecting the decor that bears his name. Where does all this creativity happen? In his New York office where you will see his work on display in an enviable space full of his work and various pieces she has accumulated along the way. For this month where I work, Madeline Weinrib gives us an inside look into his workspace and his own work habits.

What is your typical work style?

I go to the studio every day, but I do not "work" only for work. The work is an integral part of my life, not separate. I like to work first thing in the morning when my mind is fresh.

Where-I-Work-Madeline-Weinrib-6

What is your studio environment / work?

Because we are still working on so many projects at once, there is a lot of activity. I have a small team, but we are working in close contact and get along. There's just a great atmosphere about it. My team and I have been together for a long time, a little over ten years. Most of the time they started as interns.

Where-I-Work-Madeline-Weinrib-7

How is your office organized / arranged?

We have a fairly open studio, and my team works in a separate space in the studio. I work all over - sometimes at a large table, but I also work on the ground. I do not even have an office!

How long have you been in this space? Where did you work before that?

I went to my studio for the past five years - before I had a wonderful space on West 12th Street in the Meatpacking District. The building was full of art studios, and we all really good. It was a great place, but the building was demolished and the area now has completely changed.

Where-I-Work-Madeline-Weinrib-8

If you could change something about your work area, what would it?

I love my workspace. I would just like more, but everyone in New York would probably say.

Where-I-Work-Madeline-Weinrib-1

Is there an office pet?

Yes! My dogs, Daphne and Gemma. They come every day. Everyone knows them well. Pets are wonderful to work.

Do you usually music in the background?

I love music, but I like the silence as well.

Where-I-Work-Madeline-Weinrib-10

How to save you any ideas?

I write. Sometimes I do not remember where I put them.

Where-I-Work-Madeline-Weinrib-3-inspiration-board

Do you have an inspirational card? What at that time?

Yes. I love my inspiration boards, which help to organize my thoughts. Right now, there are many pictures of desert architecture, and interior nomads. Also, vintage photos of women in caftans.

Where-I-Work-Madeline-Weinrib-9

What is your creative process and / or creative workflow like? Does it make each project or do you keep the same?

No project is easy and everyone is different. He always comes a time when I can not solve it or make it exciting, and I begin to regret that I took the project. But then it works. This is an accurate model, and a part of the design process.

Where-I-Work-Madeline-Weinrib-5-design-objects

what kind of design objects perhaps you have scattered about space?

I have many midcentury chairs scattered with my fabric laid on them. I also have a collection of Indian photography believed I started collecting my first trips to India. I love the collection as I slowly put together and each photo inspires me.

Where-I-Work-Madeline-Weinrib-4-machine-proofer

Are there tools and / or machinery in your space?

computers only.

What tool do you prefer to aid in the design process?

A pencil.

We talk about how you're wired. Tell us about your arsenal / equipment technology.

I've never been a very tech-savvy person but I got in Instagram, which surprised my friends and colleagues.

What design software do you use, if any, and for what?

We use Photoshop and Illustrator.

Where-I-Work-Madeline-Weinrib-11

is there a favorite project you've worked on?

I loved working with BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music). I shoved for all their theaters. BAM is wonderful to work with because they are open and think outside the box. Every aspect of their organization supports the arts in all its forms.

Tell us a current project you are working on. What was the inspiration behind it?

I got a pop up shop at Barneys called "A World of influence." I worked there for a year and made a large number of products for her. I ' have filled with objects that I found in my travels, and invited other designers to make special pieces and I felt like Curating. the pop-up was really the highlight of my influences and some of the people inspired me.

Where-I-Work-Madeline-Weinrib-12

what's on your desk right now?

I have many . paper full of scribbles scrabble Many poms colors and some products, I'm working on that are half done I have a couple of old acorns, a small antique plate, and an antique cup filled with pencils -.. Everything I find beautiful and inspiring

Do you have anything in your house that you designed / created?

Everything about the place! I like to live with the things I do, but not only with the things I do. I'm trying to make new carpet for my house right now.